If you're considering a professional degree beyond the bachelor's, NJIT offers accelerated options that can save you a year's time and tuition. Earn your bachelor's and a degree in medicine, optometry, dentistry or physical therapy in seven years (instead of the usual eight) or in law in six years (instead of seven).
As a CSLA major, you may qualify for the following accelerated programs in conjunction with your bachelor's degree:
- Medicine: MD at the New Jersey Medical School of Rutgers, Newark, St. George's University Medical School, Granada, West Indies, or at American University of Antigua.
- Dentistry: DMD at Rutgers School of Dental Medicine, Newark or DDS at the New York University College of Dentistry.
- Physical Therapy: Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) at Rutgers School of Health Related Professions, Newark.
- Optometry: OD at the SUNY College of Optometry.
- Law: JD at Seton Hall Law School.
- Physician's Assistance: 3+3 with Rutgers School of Health Related Professions.
Several master's programs at NJIT allow you to take graduate classes as an undergraduate; in some cases, the classes count toward both your bachelor's degree and your master's degree. In addition, NJIT offers a program that allows you to earn a bachelor's at NJIT and an MS in Physician Assistant (MSPA) at UMDNJ.